Get Rid of Unwanted Foliage from Your Yard
Posted by: Erika Green on December 9, 2016
It’s that time of year when the leaves have fallen and it’s time to take on the actual yard work that keeps your property in shape. Trees and shrubs that were full during the warmer months are now bare and ready to be pruned.
Regardless of the size of your trees and shrubs, heavy equipment will definitely make the process easier. The Terex 6 inch Chipper is a great solution for removing unwanted foliage like leaves and small branches. Toss the excess shrubbery in the chipper shredder (using appropriate safety equipment like glasses and gloves, of course!) and the equipment will break everything down into small pieces. Not only will this equipment make your yard look better, it’ll make cleanup much easier, too.
A few things to keep in mind before you operate the equipment:
- Wear appropriate clothing. The last thing you want to do is wear loose clothing that could get caught in the machine. Don’t risk it – wear something smart.
- Don’t downplay the need for eye protection and gloves. They’ll keep you safe in case any errant branches are ejected from the equipment.
- Remember to follow the branch size requirement. If the equipment jams due to an obstruction, reverse the in-feed roller. If it stays jammed, shut the engine off and call 1-888-266-7228 to request help from our team who can get things working again.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to cut down and dispose of whole trees, it’s probably too big of a job for the chipper (this machine is made for small, soluble materials.) If that were the case, we’d recommend this multistep process:
- Work with a professional to have your tree cut down.
- Once that’s done, you can move on to eliminating the leftover tree stump. Here’s where a Toro STX26 Stump Grinder comes in.
- Read the safety manual then use the equipment to grind up the tree stump and remove it from your yard. Depending on how many tree stumps you have to do, it might make sense to rent a dump trailer to make cleanup quick.
Even though the cold weather is here, there’s still time to tackle these projects. Visit your local Home Depot to schedule a pickup or have this equipment delivered to your jobsite. And, if you have any questions along the way, call 1-888-266-7228.